Digital Applications International (DAI) Video Competition
N.B: This competition is now closed.
This award aims to reward the creator(s) of an engaging educational video on a chemical engineering topic. Winner(s) will receive 500 GBP.
- Visual Presentation: Good use of visuals that aid in the explanation of the topic.
- Engaging and appropriate for the target audience: On an appropriate technical level that can be easily understood by peers and presented in a compelling manner.
- Technical Argument: Good understanding of the topic with no errors, a focus on concepts, not calculations.
A judging panel will consist of an industry representative from DAI, a UCL academic, and an AIChE Committee member. All videos should be sent to email@example.com by February 18, 2018.
- Q: What is the purpose of the competition?
- A: This competition aims to generate educational videos on relevant chemical engineering topics that students often struggle with. All finalist submissions will be uploaded to a central Moodle-based server where future students can use these videos as supplementary learning material.
- Q: Can I upload my submission to Youtube?
- A: No. Upload your video to either your Outlook 365 account or another cloud-based storage provider (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive). All submissions must be directly sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Can I use images from external sites or other creators?
- A: All visuals used must be your own work or under a Creative Commons License.
- Q: Can I partner with my friends to produce a video?
- A: Yes. However, an individual cannot participate in more than one video. Please note, the prize money is a lump sum and does not appreciate per additional group member.
- Q: When is the deadline for submissions?
- A: February 18, 2018.
- Q: If I win, will I be recognized at the departmental level?
- A: Yes. Winning participant(s) will be recognized at the 2018 Ramsay Society Dinner. This award should also appear on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).